– Winter swimming and sauna
Winter swimming refreshes the mind and the body!
Freefinns OUTDOORS offers you the possibility enjoy a hot steamy sauna and to dip into the refreshing Kuvansi river. Sauna is suitable for four adults. There is a path leading to the river from the sauna and you may dip into the river from sturdy steps.
Swimming location and sauna are available by request.
Instructions for winter swimmers:
- Listen to your own body
- Winter swimming is not recommended under influence of alcohol, flu, fever or when sick in another way
- Discuss with your doctor if you have heart or cardiovascular diseases
- It is recommended to warm up muscles with light exercise before winter swimming
- It is not recommended to go winter swimming alone
- It is not recommended to go from cold water to sauna or vice versa too quickly. This may cause strain on the heart and feeling of dizziness.
- It is recommended to wear shoes or socks suitable for winter swimming and a hat and gloves
- On your first time only stay in the water momentarily. For people not accustomed to the cold temperature of the water it may cause harmless shortness of breath.
- Wear warm clothes after winter swimming and drink warm liquids as needed
- Please note that the surroundings (sauna, washing area, stairs, etc.) may be slippery
There is no supervision at the swimming area. Swimming is done at your own responsibility.
- 1h private sauna. Washing is done in the traditional Finnish way mixing warm and cold water to reach suitable temperature in a washing basin. Warm and cold water are available at sauna.
- warm sauna drink (tea)
- towel for drying after sauna
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Freefinns Ranch Kuvansi
Number of participants: min 2 adults max 4 adults
Languages: Finnish, English (Russian translator available)
Price: 26€ / person incl. VAT